We hope that you and your families are all safe and healthy during this difficult time. Thank you all for your patience as we have worked to understand the fate of our Spring skating programs.
The Town has (as of May 20th) extended the closure of the Magna Centre until June 30, 2020.
We have had to make the difficult decision to cancel our Spring StarSkate/CanSkate/PreCanSkate sessions. A refund will be provided. As there are many refunds to process, we expect it will take a couple of weeks to get through them all.
We will continue to provide updates on Summer programming as information becomes available. Any questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in our future programming.
Thank you, NSC Executive
As the government starts to roll out Phase 1 of re opening, Skate Ontario has implemented strict guidelines as to who is in this group that can resume skating. This first phase only includes High Performance athletes. Junior and Senior levels are competitive stream athletes. This is not our junior, intermediate and senior levels.
You can see their full announcement from May 21st HERE.
As we eagerly await the return back to the rink we are working on policies and procedures for a safe return to the rink guidelines. Please read the latest correspondence from Skate Ontario.
Anyone that is not in this classification is not permitted to return to skating Just quite yet and not covered by Skate Canada’s Insurance.
From Skate Ontario on May 14, 2020:
Dear Skate Ontario Skating Family,
Today the Ontario government released their guidelines for Stage 1 of the Framework for Reopening our Province. In the guidelines, they have indicated that figure skating is one of the sports that is permitted to resume activity.
The following are the parameters for figure skating as defined by the government:
Must be conducted by a recognized Provincial Sport Organization, National Sport Organization or recognized national provincial training centre with return to play protocols in place
Must be executed using physical distancing measures and without spectators
While this is a huge step forward for our sport, it obviously raises many questions.
Please understand, the announcement today is NOT approval for Skate Ontario clubs and skating schools to begin operation at this time. This is not a green light for skating to resume on May 19th.
We know everyone is anxious to resume skating. We are pleased by today’s announcement and ask for your patience as we move forward. Skate Ontario is awaiting further information from the government and public health on specific recommendations and details related to today’s announcement.
We’d like to remind you that the choices all of us make in the coming days will determine our ability to move towards having all skaters back on the ice in Ontario in the near future. We will communicate and publish guidelines and additional information as they are available.