Periodically, Newmarket Skating Club looks for positive, like-minded individuals to enrich the community of skating professionals we have fostered. Here are some of the current positions we are looking to fill:
NSC PROGRAM DIRECTOR 2019/2020
Newmarket Skating Club is seeking a Program Director for the 2019/2020 skating season for immediate hire. The Successful candidate will be able to provide strategic direction for our Club while maintaining high quality programming for all our skaters. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Program Director oversees the development, organization, and running of all on-ice and off-ice programs.
The Newmarket Skating Club is committed to building strong programming including CanSkate, STARskate, and Synchro. We are a club of 700+ members with singles skaters and dance teams at various STARskate and Competitive levels. We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic and experienced professional to lead the enhancement, and delivery of all out Skate Canada programs.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Develop and oversee all on and off-ice programs (CanSkate, STARskate and Synchro) to meet and/or exceed Skate Canada minimum delivery standards.
- Develop and implement a Talent Id program to strengthen the bridge between CanSkate and STARskate.
- Forecast, develop and implement new programs in collaboration with Board of Directors and coaches.
- Deliver workshops and seminars. Ice Shows and Fun Days as well as organize competitions.
Liaise with parents responding to their questions related to the program and their child's progress, helping educate them on what they need tp know about skating.
- Minimum Provincial Coach Certified
- Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in good standing.
- Outstanding leadership, supervisory, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience fostering a positive skating environment for skaters and coaches of all levels.
- Track record of success in the delivery of Skate Canada programs at all levels.
- Thorough understanding of Skate Canada by-laws/policies & technical requirements.
- Experience working collaboratively with a volunteer Board of Directors.
How to apply:
If you are interested, please submit your resume to
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline to apply: July 15, 2019
Synchronized Skating Coaches
Newmarket Skating Club is seeking synchronized skating coaches for the 2019/2020 skating season for immediate hire. The successful candidates must demonstrate a passion for the sport of synchro. Experience developing a synchro program within a club and working with teams at various levels will be an asset. The Newmarket Skating Club is committed to building a strong synchro program and synchro teams. We are a club of 700+ members with singles skaters and dance teams at various STARskate and Competitive levels.
We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable coaches who can create a positive training environment through their dedication to their team and the overall Club. The successful candidates will work together with the Newmarket Skating Club Program Director to ensure quality programming and the continued development of each skater/team.
- Skate Canada Professional with a NCCP designation, member in good standing with Skate Canada
- Registered: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums as determined annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- Must hold a NCCP status of National Coach In-Training, Trained or Certified.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
- Synchro Experience required: Skating and Coaching
- Excellent communication skills required to communicate and interact with skaters, club coaches, club staff, parents, club volunteers and board members
If you are interested in this position or for further information, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com