The Newmarket Skating Club is a not-for-profit organization that absolutely depends on the generosity of its members and Program Assistants are no exception. They provide valuable guidance on the ice, helping younger skaters practice what coaches are teaching them in a fun and rewarding environment.
Volunteering as a PA counts towards mandatory volunteer hours which are required of all Ontario High School-aged students or PAs can choose to receive “Club Dollars” that can be used towards future registration fees. We also offer compensation in Gift Cards. PA-ing is also a good opportunity to ask for reference letters for future employment.
What are the requirements to be a Program Assistant?
For CanSkate and PreCanskate sessions:
- 10 years old or older
- Be currently registered with Skate Canada
- Training at the Intermediate level or higher
- Attend Program Assistant Training
For Junior Sessions:
- Meet the above criteria
- Have passed either a Silver or Gold test
- Be invited to participate by our Program Assistant Supervisor