There are fun events throughout the year just for PAs and a PA of the month award that recognizes PAs for exceptional performance in their duties which includes a gift certificate. We really appreciate the work they do!
The Newmarket Skating Club is a not-for-profit organization that absolutely depends on the generosity of its members and Program Assistants are no exception. They provide valuable guidance on the ice, helping younger skaters practice what coaches are teaching them in a fun and rewarding environment.
Volunteering as a PA counts towards mandatory volunteer hours which are required of all Ontario High School-aged students or PAs can choose to receive “Club Dollars” that can be used towards future registration fees. PA-ing is also a good opportunity to ask for reference letters for future employment.
What are the requirements to be a Program Assistant?
For CanSkate and KidSkate sessions:
- Be at least 10 years of age
- Be currently registered with Skate Canada
- Have passed your Dutch Waltz dance test, Preliminary Free Skate test or equivalent. For details, please ask your coach.
For Junior Sessions:
- Meet the above criteria
- Have passed either a Silver or Gold test
- Be invited to participate by our Program Assistant Supervisor
Who do I talk to if I want to become a Program Assistant?
Please contact our Program Assistant Supervisor! firstname.lastname@example.org